Manufacturer: Magnum Energy
Manufacturer Part#: PT-100
Magnum Energy PT100 MPPT Charge Controller
NOTE: So this is a great item but the display is very basic as a stand alone unit. To see full solar production values you will need to pair it with a Magnum Energy Inverter and ARC50 Display - there is not any stand alone display for this unit. The screen on the unit flashes: PV WATTS * PV AMPS * BATTERY VOLTS * BATTERY AMPS - but no logging data. If you are not pairing it with a Magnum Inverter I would probably use a MIdnite Solar Classic 150/200 MPPT Charge Controller for your application. If you have any other questions about it give us a call.
The PT-100 is a Maximum Power Point Tracker (MPPT) charge controller designed to harvest the maximum available energy from the PV array and deliver it to the batteries. The PT-100s MPPT algorithm finds the maximum power point of the array and operates at this point while regulating the output current and battery voltage to fully charge the battery.
Even More Functionality with the Optional Remote
- MPPT: Maximum Power Point Tracking technology for increased PV power output efficiency.
- Multi-state Charging: Maximizes system performance and improves battery life.
- Optimal Battery Charging: Automatic battery temperature compensation using an included external temperature sensor for optimum battery charging, even during extreme temperature changes.
- Voltage Options: Compatible with 12, 24, or 48V battery systems with automatic detection of system voltage.
- GFDI: Integrated PV GroundFault Detection and Interruption/ Indication, with pre-fault leakage/ diagnostic metering.
- Extensive Electronic Protection: Over-temperature protection, power derating when temperature is high, PV short circuit and high PV input shutdown, output overcurrent protection and night-time back-feed (reverse current) protection.
- Support a Large PV Array: A single controller supports a large PV array up to 6600W.
- High Efficiency: The PT-100 provides higher than 99% conversion efficiency and uses less than two watts of power in nighttime mode.
- LED Indicators and Screen: Multiple LED indicators and large digital LED screen on front panel for easy-to-read system information.
- AFCI: An integrated PV Arc-Fault Circuit Interrupter detects, indicates, and extinguishes series arcs. The AFCI is designed to meet the new National Electric Code (NEC) Article 690.11 requirements.
- Convenient Installation: Run all of the wiring to the unique, remain-inplace wiring box with ease prior to installing the full PT-100 unit.
- On-site Updates: The PT-100s software can be updated on site.
- Easy MP and MMP integration: The PT-100 is designed to work with a Magnum Panel (MP) or MiniMagnum Panel (MMP). It provides room and access to PV and battery disconnect breakers.
- Built-in programmable auxiliary relay for device control
- Internal data logging functionality keeps energy harvest information and battery Ahr/Whr data up to 255 days. Use the optional remote to display this information.