Manufacturer: Morningstar Corp
Manufacturer Part#: PS-15M
ProStar Model Comparsion
|Model Number||Digital Meter||Positive Ground||Remote Temp. Probe|
***Standard:This item is included.
Yes: This item is compatible, but not included.
No: This item is not compatible.
ProStar PWM Charge Controller
12/24V, 15A With Display
Morningstar’s ProStar is the world’s leading mid-range solar
controller for both professional and consumer applications. This second
generation ProStar adds new features and protections using highly
advanced technology. These improvements provide longer battery life and
improved system performance. The ProStar line of controllers set new
standards for reliability and self-diagnostics.
The new ProStar is available in 15 or 30 amps, 12/24
or 48 volt, and negative or positive ground. The controller may be
paralleled for a solar input rating of up to 300 amps. An optional meter
provides an extensive display of self-testing and system status.
- PWM series battery charging (not shunt)
- 3-position battery select: gel, sealed or flooded
- Very accurate control and measurement
- Jumper to eliminate telecom noise
- Tropicalization: conformal coating, stainless steel fasteners & anodized aluminum heat sink
- Current compensated low voltage disconnect (LVD)
- LED’s indicate battery status and faults
- Capable of 25% overloads
- 5 Year Warranty
- Short-circuit — solar and load
- Overload — solar and load
- Reverse polarity
- Reverse current at night
- High voltage disconnect
- High temperature disconnect
- Lightning and transient surge protection
- Loads protected from voltage spikes
- Automatic recovery with all protections
About Morningstar Corporation
Morningstar Corporation is a world-leading manufacturer and
supplier of solar charge controllers and inverters. Since their
inception in 1993, over 2.5 million Morningstar units have been
installed in over 112 countries around the world. Morningstar
controllers and inverters have set new standards in performance,
quality, reliability and innovative features, and global solar
markets have consistently recognized Morningstar's products as the
industry's best overall customer value.
Manufacturing is conducted in a fully-automated, world-class ISO
9001 facility, and quality control includes 100% functional testing
on every product, using the latest computerized test equipment and
For over 20 years, Morningstar has preserved its ownership,
management and strategy, which has allowed the company to build
trusted, long-term relationships with its employees, customers and
- The ProStar uses stainless steel fasteners, an anodized heat sink, and conformal coating to protect from harsh conditions. However, for acceptable service life extreme temperatures and marine environments should be avoided.
- The ProStar prevents reverse current leakage at night, so a blocking diode is not required in the system.
- The ProStar is designed to regulate ONLY solar (photovoltaic) power. Do not connect it to any other type of power generator. Do not attempt to regulate a wind turbine. However, other power sources can be connected directly to the battery.
- The connector terminals will accept a maximum wire size of AWG #6 /16 mm2 (solid/multistrand) or AWG #8 / 10 mm2 (fine strand). Use a flathead insulated screwdriver, and torque tightly up to 35 in-lb.
- Fuses or DC disconnects may be required in the system. These protection devices are not part of the ProStar controller.
- The Solar, Battery, and Load negative terminals are all connected together inside the ProStar per UL recommendations. No switching or measurement is done in the negative current path.
- For positive ground versions, the Solar, Battery and Load POSITIVE terminals are connected together inside the ProStar. The positive system conductor must be properly grounded. Make sure the upper label of the ProStar indicates "Positive Ground" above the version number to confirm this is a positive ground ProStar controller.
Warranty: Five year warranty period. Contact Morningstar for complete terms.
Specifications & Documents