Manufacturer: Morningstar Corp
Manufacturer Part#: PS-15 Gen-3
Third Generation - Gen-3
Pro Star 15 AMP - With Display / Meter
This third generation ProStar 15 offers additional
features and capabilities while maintaining the same form factor,
quality, and reliability that has made the ProStar the world’s leading
mid-range PWM solar controller for professional and consumer
applications since 1995. The ProStar 15M version is available with a comprehensive meter display.
With over 350,000 units installed in the harshest environments in
over 100 countries, the ProStar has developed a strong reputation for
reliable performance. This third generation ProStar
maintains the same quality and form factor as previous models, while
offering new data, lighting control, graphical interface, and protection
features to better meet the needs of off-grid solar applications.
The ProStar PS-15 charge controller will accommodate
sealed, gel and wet-cell lead-acid batteries. Front panel LED's
indicate when the batteries are being charged and relative battery
state-of-charge. Reliable reverse polarity protection on input and
output is important and included. In the event of a load short circuit,
the load is automatically disconnected. Low voltage disconnect (LVD) is
current-compensated to prevent false disconnect when the battery is
heavily loaded. The ProStar Gen 3 series solar charge
controllers are designed with a high strength polycarbonate case with
protective terminal cover and an extruded aluminum heatsink for guard
ProStar 15 Gen 3 Controller Benefits
The ProStar 15 features 4-stage battery charging for optimum battery health.
- High reliability – latest electronic and
environmental protections, quality control, and design considerations
comply with IEC 62109 and promote longevity in the harshest
- High Temperature Design – full nameplate current rating, both solar and load up to 60°C continuous.
- Auto-battery Select – 12V and 24V systems.
- 4-stage Battery Charging - Bulk, Absorption, Float, Equalize
- Data Logging – up to 256 days of solar charge and load consumption data.
- Low Noise Design – meets US Federal Communications Commission Class B specifications.
- Automatic Solar Based Lighting Control – field adjustable, multi-event load control enables powerful options for solar lighting systems.
- MODBUS Communications – open standard MODBUS communications protocol allows for control and remote data access.
- Durable Design – high strength polycarbonate case with protective terminal cover and extruded aluminum heatsink.
- Self Diagnostics – continuous monitoring and
reporting of any errors or system faults through its status LED’s,
optional display and communication port.
The ProStar 15 without meter is also available.
- Meter (15M Model) – high resolution LCD, multi-lingual backlit graphical display of system voltage, current, temperature, lighting settings, etc.
- Custom Programming – dip switches, meter
interface, or connection with a computer can be used to adjust charging,
load, communications, and lighting control.
Morningstar ProStar Gen 3 Warranty
All of Morningstar’s ProStar charge controllers are warranted to be
free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of FIVE (5) years
from the date of shipment to the original end user. Morningstar will,
at its option, repair or replace any such defective products.
ProStar PS-15 Certifications
• CE; RoHS; ETL Listed: UL62109/CSA.107.1; IEC 62109; FCC Part-15 class B compliant
• Manufactured in a certified ISO 9001 facility
About Morningstar Corporation
Morningstar Corporation is a world-leading manufacturer and
supplier of solar charge controllers and inverters. Since their
inception in 1993, over 2.5 million Morningstar units have been
installed in over 112 countries around the world. Morningstar
controllers and inverters have set new standards in performance,
quality, reliability and innovative features, and global solar
markets have consistently recognized Morningstar's products as the
industry's best overall customer value.
Manufacturing is conducted in a fully-automated, world-class ISO
9001 facility, and quality control includes 100% functional testing
on every product, using the latest computerized test equipment and
For over 20 years, Morningstar has preserved its ownership,
management and strategy, which has allowed the company to build
trusted, long-term relationships with its employees, customers and
Specifications & Documents